Monday 19 September 2011

A Quiet Day

Still quite strong winds but a lot of sunshine and temperatures under 20 degrees.



Young Cirl Bunting

Still plenty of Blackcaps, Common Redstarts and Pied Flycatchers around as well as small parties of what I assume to be resident Cirl Buntings.  A Short-toed Eagle passed over briefly.



Black Redstart semirufus - taken in India

We always have a few Black Redstarts around so any immigrants are difficlut to assess.  Today I did have  quick view of a bird which could be the Middle Eastern race semirufus but I need to see it again.  It was feeding with the other Black Redstarts as the light began to fade and definitely had red underparts.  My only doubt is it might have been a strangely plumaged Common Redstart.  I have seen semirufus a few times in Jordan, Oman and India so I am quite familiar with this form.

No comments:

Post a Comment