Friday 10 January 2014

Checking The Coast After The Storms

The weather improved enough today for me to check out a couple of places after the recent storms.  I tried to get down to Cefyn Sidan but three JCBs were in action repairing the path to the beach so instead I started at Pembrey Harbour.  Walking out to the quay there was a male Red-breasted Merganser in the harbour and 40 Ringed Plovers roosting on the sand as high tide was imminent.  Plenty of Oystercatchers too but little else.

Peregrine


I made a quick stop at Ffrwd Farm Mere but only heard a Cetti's Warbler sing.  I finished at Kidwelly Quay where 7 Red-breasted Mergansers including 2 males were close to the quay.  There were at least 300 Lapwings and 50 Dunlin together with a single Little Egret and a Kingfisher.  On my drive home a Peregrine flew across the road at Abergwili.

No comments:

Post a Comment