Wednesday 16 November 2011

Going East

I headed across to Lowestoft with hope of seeing a Hume's Yellow-browed Warbler which I had never knowingly seen in the UK.  I had seen one or two in India.  First I went to Dip Farm one off two sites which had this species the previous day.  Well I drew a blank here and really saw nothing much.  I decided to try the second site which was behind Tesco's in London Road North.  Here I really fouled up - I could not find Tesco's.



Turnstone

Fed up I went down to Ness Point the most easterly point in the UK.  I had not seen a Purple Sandpiper this year and this is a renowned site for this bird.  On arrival I noted a few Turnstones but nothing else.  I took a short walk and located 4 Brent Geese and a Red-throated Diver flying south.



Purple Sandpiper

Arriving back where I started I now found 20 Turnstones and thankfully a single Purple Sandpiper.  The latter performed very well and I got some nice pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment