Saturday 20 November 2010

A Year Tick at the Pembs.Bird Conference

As I normally do at this time of the year I made my way down through Pembroke to attend the Pembrokeshire Bird Conference where I was one of the speakers.

I left home early and along with other Conference delegates called in at Castlemartin Corse close to the Conference venue to have a look at a Crane which had been there for a few days.



It is amazing today that we can see Cranes in the UK relatively easily.  There is the roost ritual at Stubbs Mill, Norfolk and now birds nesting in Yorkshire and Suffolk together with the recent reintroduction in Somerset.  It is still a rare bird in Wales and some of the observers today were seeing their first whilst others like me were happy to add it to their Year List.

Photo - a captive bird at Slimbridge

No comments:

Post a Comment