Tuesday 23 November 2010

Waxwings just!

I am in Suffolk for a few days visiting my brother & sister amongst other things but am staying with my kind friends the Barkers at Westhorpe.

Driving to Beccles this morning I was surprised to see 10 Bewick's Swans flying over the A143 near Earsham.



After domestic duties I managed to get into Lowestoft by 3pm in the hope of adding 2 more species to my 2010 Year List.  I found the 9 Waxwings at the junction of Harris Avenue and Yarmouth Road easily enough.  There were of course very tame but the light was dreadful and no photos of any note were achieved.  I then shot down to Ness Point in pursuit of Purple Sandpipers.  It was now almost dark by 3.30pm and a lone Turnstone stood looking thoroughly miserable on the rocks.  No signs of the sandpipers and then the heavens opened so I called it a day.

Goodness me this is worse weather than in Wales lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment