Tuesday 4 February 2014

Back in the Real World

At last I am feeling much better and so decided to go to Cardiff for the first meeting of 2014 of the RSPB Wales Advisory Committee meeting.  It was a really nice cold sunny morning driving to Cardiff and as I walked between the car park at the Cricket Stadium and the office I was struck by the birds singing in the park.  I heard Dunnock, Robin, Great Tit and perhaps most gladdening of all a couple of Goldcrests.  Good news too that hearing the latter means I am not going deaf in advanced years.

Dunnock - one the species whose song brightened up my morning


It was good to meet my colleagues on the committee and get stuck into discussions on issues of nature conservation and management of the charity.  The process was stimulating and I hope will keep me on the mend.  Now for Gary Harper's talk on Iceland at the Carmarthenshire Bird Club tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment