Thursday 5 December 2013

Wonderful Memories of Oman



On a day of storms I was glad when the postman brought me my copy of The Oman Bird List Edition 7.  Its formal title should not put anyone off because it is not just a list but more an often updated avifauna of this superb Middle Eastern country.  I was fortunate to visit this country five times about 10 years ago. This book is the work of ace photographer Jens Eriksen and Reginald Victor.  There is a thorough introduction explaining how the book works and including a useful piece on how to submit records.  Throughout the book is lavishly illustrated by the photographs of Jens and Hanne Erikson which alone make the book worth having.  Anyone thinking of visiting Oman (I would urge you to do so) should get a copy as well as another publication by the Eriksons and Dave Seargeant called Birdwatching Guide to Oman - 2nd edition.  You will then be well equipped to see many of the bird species to be found here.  I must go back! To obtain a copy email Jens on hjoman@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment