Saturday 3 December 2011

Wandering around the coast locally

I started at Penclacwydd but could not find too much except for a couple trying to convince themselves that Little Egrets were actually Great Whites.  I could not bring myself to point out that all their birds had black bills not yellow.


Water Rail

Had a look around Pembrey and did find quite a few Fieldfares on the local hedges.Moved on to Kidwelly Quay where half a dozen Red-breasted Mergansers caught my eye.  Finally I spent an hour by a dark ditch trying to get decent pictures of a confiding Water Rail.  Only when you look closely through a lens do you realise just how beautiful these birds are.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning photograph, Mister Moore. I remember you showing me my first somewhere in East Anglia. Do you remember where that was. I have a few pictures of the beast. Beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete