Friday 24 February 2012

Sorry for the absence


Wallcreeper photographed in India
 I have been away from home for three nights trying to get my Land Rover repaired.  I was lucky to be offered very generous hospitality by my good friends Ron and Jane Bennett.  This gave me a chance to go birding with Ron which included listening to his local Eagle Owl, checking out the village population of Rock Sparrows but best of all having superb views of a Wallcreeper at Moureze.  We also saw more Firecrests there too.



Firecrest at Moureze

Finally mobile I got back home this afternoon having had a female Hen Harrier pass right in front of the car at Agel.  This evening my French birder friend Serge Nicholle tells me that he saw 2 Wallcreepers at Minerve on Wednesday.  Needless to say that will be my first call in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment