Wednesday 1 February 2012

Round my usual haunts

An appointment at the dentist delayed my start until 10.30am but Penclacwydd was my first call and I was lucky this time catching up with a Great White Egret.  It looked a bit cold in the icy water but after a brief flight came back to the scrape.


The Burry Port Mediterranean Gull

|I moved on and shared my sandwiches with the splendid adult Mediterranean Gull.  It posed politely very close and I forgave it for defecating on my car.  I pushed on to Kidwelly Quay where I met friends old and new.  A Greenshank gave close views and 3 Chiffchaffs were at the Sewerage Works.



Greenshank at Kidwelly Quay

Popping over to the Local Nature Reserve the Long-billed Dowitcher was very obvious.



At last the Long-billed Dowitcher in sunshine

Two more stops.  A walk on the rocky Salmon Scar produced 36 Dark-bellied Brent Geese along with the hundreds of Oystercatchers and 20 Turnstone and 3 Ringed Plover.


Ringed Plover

At Ferryside I counted 150 Bar-tailed Godwits before giving up and going home to the warmth of the log burner.  A great day with superb light.

No comments:

Post a Comment