Saturday 2 February 2013

A Lovely Day to be Indoors



Raven

I had to drive up to Aberystwyth today for a raptor meeting and cursed my luck for two reasons.  Trivially my team Norwich City were live on TV against QPR and most importantly it was the best weather we have had for some time to go out birding.  As if mocking me the sky was full of soaring Buzzards and Red Kites as well as displaying Ravens.  At one point two Ravens were feeding on a dead fox by the roadside being watched carefully by a Buzzard.  I hope this weather stays but I am not holding my breath.



Snowdrops

Coming home I stopped at Talley Lakes where two pairs of Mute swans are on territory.  There was also a pair of Goosanders and 3 Goldeneye.  Closer to home I paused to admire a wonderful show of Snowdrops.  With a Song Thrush and a Marsh Tit singing in the garden this morning maybe Spring is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment