Thursday 2 May 2013

Beautiful Weather and a Return to Normality

I guess it is sods law but after dropping the Honeyguiders at Carcassonne Airport I returned home in warm sunshine and after a brief rest took a walk around our hill.  Common Redstart and Golden Oriole were heard singing as well as a number of Orphean Warblers.  It was butterflies that caught my attention with Glanville Fritillaries and Chequered Skippers very obvious.

Glanville Fritillary
Chequered Skipper

Later I took a trip out first around the local vineyards.  A Montagu's Harrier and a Short-toed Eagle flew over and I found two male Red-backed Shrikes and a Quail called nearby.

Red-backed Shrike
At the Lac de Jouarre 2 Common Sandpipers were located and near the Homps sewerage pools at last 2 Rollers were found.

Roller
Lastly as I headed home a Turtle Dove flew up from the roadside.  Now the migrants are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment