Friday 4 February 2011

On the Move

I have just been away overnight to give a talk to the Oxford RSPB Group.  As usual they made me very welcome and I enjoyed the evening immensely.

Leaving home yesterday morning I noticed at least 20 Red Kites gathering on a field which had just been sprayed with manure.  At this time Buzzards and Kites will congregate to take advantage of the many worms discarded in the process.  It makes for a spectacular sight.



Moving into England I stopped at Cannop Ponds in the Forest of Dean with Mandarin Ducks in mind.  I was fortunate to see two males both in display but they kept their distance so no photos.  Bird pictured taken at Slimbridge.  What is becoming very obvious in the Forest is the activities of Wild Boar.  There must be a lot of them now as I saw where these animals had dug up large patches of ground in several places.  At Speech House car park Chaffinches were feeding busily in the turned over ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment